Painting Bases to Forces of The Abyss



Hi,

After I prepared bases, it's time for painting. My army is composed of demons, who live in volcanic land, where lava flows on the ground. Therefore I had to match bases to their home's character.

First I painted my bases with Mephiston Red Spray from Citadel. Next I started creating lava by making stains on them with Wild Rider Red (C*). Those stains I lightened with Troll Slayer Orange (C*) and Lava Orange (AP**). 




Then I made new stains with Averland Sunset (C*), which I highlighted with Daemonic Yellow (AP**) and Matt White (AP**).




On the next step I use Martian Ironearth (C*) - a texture paint, which makes crushed ground effect. In the end I painted the bases with Matt Black (AP**).



This crushed ground is very fragile, so I put a mat varnish on bases for protection. I used for this Anti-Shine Matt Vanish (AP**). Finished bases were put into mutibase's shape, to show you the final effect.



You can see some paint streaks, because I wanted to achieve the effect of flowing lava and destroyed land. I think that those streaks benefit for this effect. I hope you will enjoy the result.

I'm so pleased that I managed to finish this post before Easter. Me and Barry want to wish you happy, peaceful Easter holidays with wet Easter Monday and plenty of time to paint miniatures.

Tamsula


* Citadel from Games Workshop
**Army Painter

Comments

  1. Well done job! Bases look really solid and pretty damn hot! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment