Lower Abyssals - modeling



Hi, 
My first models, which I cleaned and glued from Kings of War's set, were Lower Abyssals. In every sprue we get: 
  • 5 bodies, 
  • 8 heads, 
  • one-handed weapons for each body, 
  • one two-handed weapon with hands, 
  • 5 hands for 5 shelds, 
  • 5 Flamebearer's hands, 
  • one banner with hand. 
Also to one body there is added a drum with stick. Additionally in every plastic sprue we get 2 Imps.



Like I mentioned earlier, this models have big mould lines. Therefore cleaning those models takes a lot of time. However designer from Mantic, who created this model, did it very well. Demons are so beautiful, that I decide to sacrifice my free time on cleaning them. I was looking for other models to this army from different producers, but I didn't find anything nice like them.

I decide to make a Lower Abyssal's horde, so according to King of War's rule I have to finish a least 21 models. If I need my Abyssals to have defence 4, they have to carry a shield. 

On the photos below you can see the miniatures glued in the basic setting.







Later I decided to glue miniatures by changing the bodies and heads.







At the end I tried to assemble them with various bits, as you can see on photos.



I will prepare another text about painting those models. I'll try to put one painted  miniature on one of the photos to show more details.

That's all from me.

Tamsula

Comments

  1. Nice! They're looking a little bit funny, like little devils whose want to scaries kids :-D
    But overall - big respect for your patience while you were removing mould lines. Mantic "can't into" good quality sprues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It cost me a lot of nerves but the result makes me happy. Fortunately Succubi are more pleasant 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment